People often ask me, “What are your favorite books?” or “What are you reading now?” and then we dive into a great conversation about the books we’ve read, and what we like and what we think. Great fun, these discussions!
Since the “favorite book” category is way too big, I’ll start with some of my favorite historical fiction novels. We’ll talk about other genres in other articles, ok?
In no particular order, and without explanation, here are a few I love, want to re-read, and recommend:
- Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- Circling the Sun by Paula McLain
- Cutting for Stone by AbrahamVerghese
- Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan
- Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen
- My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
What about you? It’s your turn! Which historical fiction titiles and authors do you love and recommend?